SAVE THE BAY OF FORNELLS STOP PLANS TO BUILD A PRIVATE MARINA
THE WILL OF A COMMUNITY AGAINST REAL ESTATE SPECULATION
Our aim is to stop the development project called: PROJECTE INSTAL·LACIONS NÀUTIQUES LA UA FOR-6, BAHIA DE FORNELLS, MUNICIPI D’ES MERCADAL, Expedient 8053/2013 AIA.
To build a private marina of these dimensions in the small bay of Fornells does not make sense.
• It undermines the island of Menorca´s role as a Biosphere Reserve (recognized under UNESCO's MAB Programme to ensure sustainable development based on local community efforts and sound science).
• The bay of Fornells itself is a marine reserve and a Site of Community Interest (SCI) to be preserved.
• The necessary dredging would damage the seabed and cause the disappearance of its unique Mediterranean seagrass and the destruction of a exceptional natural setting. The planned construction in the bay would change the naturally occurring system of currents irreversibly.
• Up until now, thanks to the effort and engagement of locals, the town and its surroundings have been protected against unsustainable and inappropriate building projects.
• It is a project that would be to the detriment of the village of Fornells and its inhabitants; a business proposition based upon commercial speculation and benefitting only its investors.
• It will depreciate the natural assets of the people: the bay and the coastal front.
• Visual pollution, which these plans would make inevitable, would render the beautiful landscape unrecognisable.
It is an attack on common sense that goes against the will of a community.
Our programme and objective is to stop the private marina. We need your signature.
CLICK, ACT, SIGN!