Here at 500px we like keep tabs on photography trends and inform you of all the do’s and don’t’s. Over the past couple years, there has been a lot of debate around whether the pop culture phenomenon of The Selfie is a hip movement or a degradation to society. Well, 500px is settling the debate. Although some people may protest, there is no denying that The Selfie is not going away
. That’s why we think that the timeless nature of this movement makes it worthy of its own 500px category.
This category may be new to some 500px users. To ensure that you are able to explore and enjoy this category as much as possible, we have put together a pro guide.
How to take a selfie:
1. Choose your camera. iPhone, Android, Windows Phone… Take your pick!
2. Choose your shooting position. You have two choices: In a mirror (preferably in a bathroom) or using the front camera of your phone and extending your arm to capture your whole subject - you!
3. Smile, wink, duck face. This is what makes or breaks a good Selfie. Put on your best face.
4. Take your photo!
To add to the celebrations, we are adding a new auto-enhancer to help you personalize your Selfies called The Selfie Enhancer
. This handy tool will help you add a little something extra to your photo.
How to use The Selfie Enhancer:
1. Upload your Selfie to 500px.
2. Press the Selfie Enhancer button.
3. Watch as magical stickers and expressions are added to your Selfie.
To see this new category, click here!