On Saturday a bunch of photographers gathered together at Yonge/Dundas square for the first 500px photo walk.
We met up with Jen and Andrey from 500px who were kind enough to give us a tour of the office before the photo walk.
Afterwards, we headed back to Yonge/Dundas square and then headed south to Queen and west to Spadina.
The nice weather allowed us to observe many opportunities of street life and the people in Toronto.
I'd have to admit I haven't been taking many photos this summer but this was a great way to get out and continue shooting again. I've quickly come up with a list of 5 reasons why you should join the next 500px photo walk!
1) Taking pictures with other people gives you a reason to take your camera out and take photos
2) You get to to see and learn about what types of photography others are interested in
3) The chance to see and compare what angles/perspectives other photographers captured in their photographs from those who participated along the same photo walk
4) The opportunity to learn about new photography techniques you may want to try in the future
5) You are able to meet other people with the same interests in photography
Thanks 500px for organizing and looking forward to the next one :)