St George's (The Throne) Hall of the Winter Palace was built in the early 1840s. Vladimir Stasov, who retained his predecessor composition solution Kvarengi. Two tiers of windows columned hall decorated with Carrara marble and gilded bronze. Over the throne place the bas-relief "George, slaying the dragon." Great imperial throne was executed by order of Empress Anna Ivanovna in London (N. Clausen, 1731-1732). Gorgeous parquet floor, made of 16 kinds of wood. The ceremonial hall decoration as intended: it is the official ceremonies and receptions.