And what do you know - the sprinklers turn on and doused my camera with water for about 45 minutes.
I turned off the camera, rushed inside - wiped it down thoroughly and then tried to see if the camera would turn on. The LCD was going berzerk (90% of the screen was black), but the camera still functioned. I went back to drying it down and tried again, this time I could see images on the LCD flickring as if it had very very little power, so I immediately turned off the camera and rushed to the bathroom.
I then frantically blow-dried my camera for another hour or so, and did as much as I could possibly do. It is now in front of a fan - where it will be for a while.
Then I went back to my computer - downloaded the images and went to work to see what I had. 88 good photos - 88 WET photos (clearly visible water on the lens and such).
But this is the final product the first 88 photos.