CHURCH HISTORY IN BRIEF
Fjärås Church is visible on a ridge called "philistine". The ridge was formed when the ice melted more than 10,000 years ago. The meadows west, which was once covered with water, went under the name "fjära". It is one of the explanations for the name "Fjärås".
A large number of relics from special bronze and iron ages testify that ridge early on was inhabited. Here beamed also different roads together.
The current church has had a predecessor built in the 1100 - or 1200 - century in Romanesque style. The old church was in 1701 a tower on the west, the top of which was taken from an old bell tower. Only a trace of the old church is known. It is a copper in the Richardson's "Hallandia Antiqua".