"Halfway approximately two marine Pietra Corbara (south) and Porticciolo (north) on the territory of the commune of Cagnano stands the tower of the Osse, dominant at 45 m altitude, small indentation of the shore, the cove of the same name, spelled differently in different documents (shad cala, cala cala dell'osse or a losse).
Whoever undertakes around the Cap Corse, in the direction of Santa Severa, the notice may roadside, isolated, unrelated to the villages above, beyond the hill back of falling into the sea
Starting from Bastia, it is the tenth round Cape Corsine that we see regularly appear in inventories or visit reports.
Like most coastal towers, the tower of the Osse has been designed and built in the 16th century, around the years 1598, 1599 and 1600.
A plan of the tower dating from 1599, is published in the book of A. Mr. Graziani, the towers of the coast.
The perfect conservation of this turn facilitates its description. It is a building with three levels of 14,20 m in height, side door. The base, ground cord contains the tank. The room on the first level has a single opening is the door. The soil is clay.
At the second level (14 m2 area), was the living room of Torregiani. The floor has disappeared.
There are two windows, a niche and a fireplace. There is access to the terrace which has a crown which is open 25 battlements, on which rests a dike 1 m 10 tall, crenellated.
This tower was given to service areas by the services of Bridges and Roads, October 12, 1896. Sold by a services areas Porticciolo capita in 1913, it was bought by Dr. Ambrosi, who was assigned the rank before the League of Historical Sciences and Natural Corsica, for, in the words of Camille Piccioni , help maintain a witness to the ancient fortifications Cape corsines.
The tower was restored by the Archaeological Society of Upper Corsica, 1978.1979 and 1980 (reconstruction of the terrace, the coronation recovery)."