The Bhoga Nandeeshwara Temple is a magnificent example of Dravidian Architecture. It is a 1000 year old temple that bears the architectural stamps of around five different dynasties that ruled here. Believed to have been originally constructed by the Bana Queen Ratnavali, this temple was added to and extended by the Ganga dynasty, Cholas, Hoysalas, Pallavas and finally the Vijayanagara kings. This temple even has a statue of the Chola King Rajendra.
Though the original Bhoga Nandeeshwara Temple dedicated to Shiva and Parvati was built in the 9th century by the Banas, the Chola kings in the 11th century added the roof; the Hoysala dynasty added the marriage hall to the temple structure and the outer wall and buildings were added by the Vijayanagar kings in the 13th century. For centuries it was impregnable until the British stormed it in and defeated Tipu Sultan