The first bridge at this location was a concrete arch bridge. It was built during the construction of the canal in the 30s. On 11 May 1940 the bridge was dynamited on 10 May after the German army had conquered the bridge. During the war, a temporary bridge built over which a tramway was subsequently blown up by the Germans during their retreat. After the war, the bridge was rebuilt in 1948 to be opened to traffic. On 1 April 2012, the bridge was destroyed for a third time. This time for the construction of a new bridge for widening of the canal. The new bridge, a steel arch bridge has a length of 165 meters and a vertical clearance of 14.80 meters. The total weight is about 1500 tons and the costs were estimated at € 9,000,000, excluding infrastructure.