In March of 1921, the San Pasqual was damaged in a storm and laid up for another three years. In 1924 she was purchased by the Old Times Molasses Company of Havana, Cuba and used as a store ship in Santiago, Cuba. Eight years later, the San Pasqual was dismantled and used as depot-ship in Havana.
In 1933, she was run aground off the coast of Cuba. During the Second World War, the hulk was outfitted with machine guns and cannons and used as a lookout for German submarines. At that time a temporary bridge was constructed between the ship and the mainland but it was eventually either dismantled or destroyed by weather.
During the Cuban Revolution, the ship served as prison for soldiers captured by Che Guavere's army. Since then the ship had served various purposes including a sportsman club and headquarters for fishing competitions. Finally, in the 1990's, the ship was converted into a hotel, then as a base for divers. Currently, the San Pasqual is abandoned.