10% off all photos on 500px Prime until July 31Start exploring now!

The tour guide told us that Sutherland has clear skies for 80% of the year, which is why they built the South African Astronomical Observatory there. We were clearly there in the other 20%.

Discover more inspiring photos like this one.

Download the FREE 500px app Open in app