After the inpoldering of the polder ‘Het Noorden’ a new huge mill was built in the year of 1878 to drain this and a couple of other polders. But in 1913 a pumping-engine was built to drain the polders; the mill became more or less a ‘spare engine’ till 1923, when the mill was not used any longer. In 1970 the mill was transferred to the association ‘De Hollandsche Molen’ (the Dutch Mill).
Nowadays volunteers maintain the mill and the buildings and some times it is still in function. On these days it is possible to visit the (inside of the) mill.