Another narrow gauge (1000 mm) steam engine of the Ballenberg Dampfbahn. This type of engine was built between 1905 and 1910 for the Swiss railway company SBB and served on the Brünigbahn (between Lucerne and Interlaken). This cogwheel steam engine is powered by a double pair of pistons, for both the adhesive as the rack driving mechanism. The picture was shot at the Brünig-Hasliberg railway station, the highest point of the Brünig railway line. The engine is being prepared to load fresh water for the remainder of the trip.