Richard Wilson's sculpture "Slice of Reality" (from the year 2000). 15% of an old dredger, the other 85% is cut off. I'm a big fan of this location since I 'discovered it' back in 2010.

The funny thing is when I'm in London and I ask someone about this piece of pop-art, nobody knows of its existence. Anyway, it was on my wishlist to visit it at night.

It's a short walk from the O2 arena at the Greenwich peninsula, and it was wise to keep an eye on the Thames tide table.

It's a fantastic place with the pretty lights of Canary Wharf, together with that huge, quite absurd sliced ship - a quite surreal yet awesome scene. Enjoy!

Discover more inspiring photos like this one.

Download the FREE 500px app Open in app