500px rounds out mobile app offerings with launch of Windows 8 Phone app
500px has launched the Windows 8 Phone app today, bringing the uber popular photography sharing community to one more major group of people. We now support mobile apps across the Windows, iOS, and Android platforms.
“We’re proud to be able to bring the unique 500px photo sharing experience to the Windows 8 Phone community,” says Evgeny Tchebotarev, CPO, 500px. “This app brings a lot of features exciting to the applications of photography, like the ability to set a beautiful 500px photo to your lock screen. And, of course, we’ve brought the signature 500px photo sharing experience that is so popular on the other mobile devices to the Windows Phone.”
- Beautiful Lock Screen photo
- Customizable Live Tile that brings 500px photographs right to your home screen
- Explore the Popular, Editors’ Choice, Upcoming and Fresh feeds, as well as other feeds of amazing photography with the swipe of a finger
- Filter Photos using Categories
- Use the search capability to find photographs that match a specific search term
- Tap on a photograph and view it in full-screen mode. Tap again to display stats, comments or votes about this photograph.
- Interact with the community by commenting on photos, liking them, or adding them to your favorites for later viewing
- Receive and access notifications when the community members interact with you and your photos
The new mobile app also strengthens the already strong 500px and Microsoft relationship. This is most prominently displayed with the Bing partnership agreement, in which 500px photographers can submit their photos to be featured on the Bing Homepage.