Photographer | Fujifilm Brand Ambassador | 500px Brand Ambassador | NiSi Filters Brand Ambassador | Emmy Nominated Time Lapse Cinematographer | Public Speaker & Educator
Beno is a Slovenian born time lapse cinematographer and photographer. He is currently based in Dubai, UAE.
For 18 years, Beno has trained his eye in the art of seeing as a 3D Computer Animation and Architecture Visualization specialist. As a veteran digital artist who worked on hundreds of projects for clients worldwide, Beno won numerous accolades and awards for his achievements, such as the rank of 'Autodesk Master' as well as the winner of the prestigious 'Tektronix International Design Visualization Competition' in 1993. For his continuous contributions to the art of architectural visualization, Beno was given a 'Special Merit of Excellence' award by Kinetix / Autodesk in 2005. Beno's 3D computer generated art was published in several international architectural visualization publications and books such as the '3DS MAX 2008 Foundation'.
In 2008, Beno started exploring new creative avenues which lead him to discover the world of photography and time lapse cinematography. Having a solid foundation and decades of practice in related types of visual arts, Beno’s transition to his newly found passion was a swift one. By 2011, he had dozens of photographs and time lapse films specially featured across local and international media and publications. His body of work is recognized for its dramatic use of light and composition, drawing strong influences from the classics of cinema and traditional art.
Beno's comprehensive portfolio is defined by his profound love for architecture, cinema, engineering, science and the beauty of nature.
As an individual accustomed to self-reliance and continuous quest for personal & professional excellence, Beno believes that life is a never-ending road of learning. He tirelessly experiments with fresh styles of photography and filming techniques while refusing to box himself in any specific genre or specialty field. Keeping the broad and diverse subject matters in front of his lens is the secret sauce to Beno’s creative lifeline and inspiration.
His list of clients includes BBC’s Natural History Unit, the Discovery Channel, Canon, Fujifilm, Emirates Airline, Abu Dhabi and Dubai Governments and many others.
Beno was a CANON (Europe & MENA) Brand Ambassador between 2015 and 2017. This recognition put Beno among the 53 top imaging talents from right across Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
In January 2016, Beno was appointed as a Global Ambassador for NiSi professional lens filters (China).
In June 2017, he was signed up as a Brand Ambassador of 500px.com.
In November 2017, Beno also became an Ambassador for TIMELAPSE+ company and lastly, in August 2018, Beno joined the ranks of Fujifilm’s Brand Ambassadors (X-Photographers).
AWARDS, EXPOSURE & ACTIVITIES
In 2014, Beno was nominated for an Emmy Award for his achievements in cinematography for his work on the documentary series produced by the BBC Natural History Unit, ‘Wild Arabia’.
Beno is a 1st Place Winner in the Time Lapse Category of the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA), Gold World Medal winner at the New York Festivals – 2015 International Film & Television Awards for Best Cinematography. He is also a Silver Dolphin Award winner of the prestigious Cannes Corporate Media & TV Awards.
Beno’s works can be found on the world’s most prominent image libraries, such as Getty Images, 500px and Alamy.
As a photo educator, Beno hosts periodic photography workshops, seminars, discussion panels and inspirational speeches at photography events around the world.
He is a regular speaker and a Guest Photographer at XPOSURE International Photography Festival in Sharjah (2016, 2017 & 2018). His specialties are fine art photography, time lapse cinematography and digital image post-processing. He is a frequently featured artist and has made numerous appearances and wrote several tutorials for various blogs and podcasts such as 500px.com, Photography Radio, Scott Kelby One, Trey Ratcliff's Variety Hour, Topaz Labs Blog and many others.
Beno’s work was featured in many international publications such as Popular Photography, Photo Plus (UK) Digital Foto (Denmark), Digital Photo Magazine (UK), Chip Foto-Video (Germany), GQ (Spain), Huffington Post (US), National Geographic (US & UAE) and others.
• Canon Middle East & Africa Brand Ambassador
• Fujifilm Brand Ambassador (X-Photographer)
• NiSi Filters Global Brand Ambassador
• 500px.com Global Brand Ambassador
• Timelapse+ Brand Ambassador
• Emmy Nomination for Outstanding Cinematography in Long Form Documentary (ANIMAL PLANET 'Wild Arabia', September 2014)
• New York Festivals 2015 International Television & Film Awards – Gold World Medal, Best Cinematography
• Silver Dolphin Winner - Cannes Corporate Media & TV Award Winner (October 2014)
• Silver Dolphin Winner – Cannes Corporate Media & TV Award Winner (October 2017)
• 2x Silver & 6x Bronze winner – The EPSON International PANO AWARDS 2017
• UPI Gold Medal - Cacak International Salon Photography 2014
• FIAP Gold Medal - Belgrade Foto International Salon 2014
• 'Moving Images: Professional Category’, 1st Place - Moscow International Foto Awards 2015 (MIFA)
• 'Moving Images of The Year Award' 1st Place - Moscow International Foto Awards 2014 (MIFA)
• 3x Honorable Mention PX3 The Prix de la Photographie Paris 2017
• Two-time nomination, Fine Art Photography Awards 2017
• 3rd Place, Abu Dhabi Through Your Eyes photography contest 2015-2016 (Tourism & Culture Authority Abu Dhabi)
• 4x Honorable Mentions - Moscow International Foto Awards 2014 (MIFA)
• 4x Honorable Mentions at the International Photography Awards 2015 (IPA) in Architecture: Cityscape Category
• 2nd and 3rd place at the International Photography Awards 2014 (IPA) in Architecture Category as well as 3x Honorable Mentions
• Featured guest and time-lapse cinematographer on Discovery Channel's 'Passage to Abu Dhabi'
• Time-lapse cinematographer on the BBC Natural History's 'Wild Arabia' TV series
• Fine Art Photography Awards 2017 – Two time nominated
• Honorable Mention at the City Soul 2014 International Photography Salon PSA HM
• Honorable Mention at the International Photography Awards 2013 (IPA) with 11 nominations
• Honorable Mention at the 6th International Contest of Photography NARAVA 2013
• Honorable Mention at Seventh Season PX3 - Prix de la Photographie Paris 2013
• Gold Medal Winner of the Egypt IPC 2012, photography contest, Architecture Category
• 1st Place Winner in the Time Lapse category of the 'SPACES OF LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD - FIFTH SEASON' (2015)
• 1st Place Winner in the Architectural Photography category of the 'SPACES OF LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD - FOURTH SEASON' (2014)
• 2nd Place Winner in the architectural photography category of the 'SPACES OF LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD - THIRD SEASON' (2013)
• 3rd Place Winner in the architectural photography category of the 'SPACES OF LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD - SECOND SEASON' (2012)
• Winner of the 1st prize for the' EARTH HOUR 2011' photo contest organized by ADGAS/WWF
• Two-time Finalist of the 'AL AIN PHOTOGRAFIA AWARD' in 2011
• Hamdan International Photography Award (HIPA), 1st Place Winner, Time Lapse Category, Seventh Season (2017-2018)
• Hamdan International Photography Award (HIPA), Finalist, General Category (Colour), Seventh Season (2017-2018
• Hamdan International Photography Award (HIPA), Finalist, Fourth Season (2014-15)
• Hamdan International Photography Award (HIPA), Finalist (two categories) Third Season (2013-14)
• Hamdan International Photography Award (HIPA), Finalist, First Season (2011-12)
• Finalist of National Geographic 2012 International Photo Contest
• 'Abu Dhabi' time lapse film featured in the permanent collection of Encyclopedia Britannica's 'Project Time Lapse' (2013)
• Member of the Judging Committee, ‘Spaces of Light Photography Contest’ – Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center & UAE Ministry of Presidential Affairs
• Guest Photographer and speaker at the Xposure Internatioanal Photography Festival in Sharjah 2017
• Guest Photographer and speaker at the Xposure Internatioanal Photography Festival in Sharjah 2016
• Lead host of the ‘500px Global Photowalk’ in Dubai for in 2015 and 2016 Photographic Society of America (PSA) Honorable Mention Ribbon - City Soul 2014 photography contest
• Published architectural photography work in Simone Kosremelli's book 'A Lebanese Perspective' (2012)
• Consulting instructor of photography and time lapse photography at Gulf Photo Plus in Dubai
• Jury member of the ADP / Tempo Planet magazine - Photo Contest 2013
- 309,287 Affection
- 12,279,424 Photo Views
- 28,501 Followers
- 383 Following
- Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Available for Hire