Having no technical training in photography proved to be of no hindrance to Parc Cruz, who started learning the craft as a hobby back in 2005. Honing his skills took a lot of trial and error. In the beginning, he spent a lot of time taking photos on a daily basis and tagged along with other photographers to different shoots. It seemed he has tried learning to do it all, and proved to be an effective student of the craft.
His self-taught efforts did bear fruits, as PARC has mastered the use of the camera to its full potentials. And eventually, he found his comfort zone in photography.
Known for his niche --- portraits and cinematic shots --- his photos carry a distinctive and recognizable style, which has inspired other hobbyists to perfect. Folks even associate his name to a photographic style. In the short years since he started photography, PARC has doubtlessly created a legacy.
These days, he's sharing what he knows through a series of workshops conducted with his team of photo hobbyists. The lessons he impart are known as unorthodox, but easy to follow. And students are taught no magic, but to take advantage of the tools of digital photography properly.
PARC is also a privileged part of Nikon's pool of endorsers and has since traveled around the Philippines and abroad, imparting and encouraging other photo hobbyists to develop their creativity through visual images.
"Welcome to my world.”
This would always be what I’d say to those who would take a look at my work. Mixing photography and art opens my world to limitless possibilities. I let my imagination run loose.
I wish to open your eyes to my world and see what I see. It’s a magical, spectacular place. It’s a world reflecting unusual tones and colors, of shadows and light. It’s a union between fantasy and realism. And it’s where a person’s essence is brought out, the best way I see it --- in their eyes.
In my world, not everything is elegantly spotless; not every subject is perfect. But even with their imperfections, it’s still seen as beautiful.
I'm not just a photographer, I'm a storyteller.
- PARC CRUZ
*The first Filipino Photographer featured in "Nikon: Through Asian Eyes" project, an online showcase of photos captured by Nikon photographers in Asia.
Workshop Facilitator: Photography and Post Processing
Hundred and One Events
2008 to Present
* One-on-One Workshops
* Philippine-wide Workshops
* Asia & International Workshops
Published (Printed Publication)
* Digital Photographer Philippines Magazine July 2006 (photo only)
* Digital Photographer Philippines Magazine Featured Photographer November 2006
* Illustrado Magazine (Dubai) Featured Photographer January 2007
* I-Mag Magazine September 2007 – Featured Photographer and Contributor (Article and Workflow)
* Picture Perfect , Manila Bulletin – Featured Photographer November 2007
Published (Online Magazine or Publication)
* File Magazine August 2006 & September 2006
* Bending Light Magazine November 2006
* World Pulse Asia Magazine December 2006
* Inquirer.Net January 2007
* Beyond Frames Group Exhibit at OWG December 2006
* Pinoy Photography Organization Group Exhibit February 2007
* The Gifts: An Exhibit for A Cause (Group) March 2008
* The Gifts: An Exhibit for A Cause (Solo) May 2008
Featured in the Blogsphere and Internet Community
* Photographer in The World through My Eyes, an online international Photography community
* Featured photo “Father and Son” in Photocamel’s Photo of the Week. PhotoCamel is an international Photography Community
* Blogged in KrisKros
* Chosen Photo of the Month for ClubEOS, a Canon Philippines User Club
* Featured Photo on Blork's Photo of The Week “Dipping”
* Featured article and photo on Getzmo Online "The Crossing"
* Featured Photo twice on Fotodirt.com "Girl with Fishnet" & "Smoke"
* Featured Photo on Photoblogs.Org "Dipping"
* Featured photo twice on Modern Fabuolosity Gallery's Online Best in Show Contest
* Featured photo on Comunidad Tulay, a website on Filipino Adoptions By Spanish Nationals
* Featured in numerous Flickr Photo Groups and its extended blog networks.
* 4th Place FPPF "Hot Air Balloon" Photo Contest February 2007
* Semi-Finalist, National Geographic Contest Nov 2006
* Editor’s Choice - Digital Camera Photographer of the Year 2007 – Portrait, Landscape & Fine Arts
* Semi Finalist FPPF Cityscapes Photo Contest May 2007
* 1st Place - FPPF Inter Camera Club Competition July 2009
* 1st Place - Vanishing Point Photo Theme Contest April 2009
* Officer – Pinoy Photography Organization 2007
* Member - Framed Shots Camera Club of the Philippines 2009
* Rookie of the Year 2009 - Framed Shots Camera Club of the Philippines
* 4th Place: Photographer of the Year 2009 - Framed Shots Camera Club of the Philippines
Commissioned Work (Non-Stock, by contract and exclusive)
Photographer, selected Special Events (Private and Corporate)
Photographer, selected Printed Marketing Materials (Private and Corporate) some of which include:
* Mocha Blends (Australian Coffee Shop Local Franchise) Menu and Posters September 2006
* Documentation of celebrity homes for Architects/Contractor portfolio
* Globe Telecoms Posters & Flyers October 2006
* ABS-CBN (TV) Posters & Printed Marketing Materials – Lastikman
* Sea-Air In Flight Magazine 2008
* Globe Telecoms Print-Ads July 2009
* Consumer retail apparels 2009, 2010
* Various Nikon Projects 2010, 2011
- 374 Affection
- 8,120 Photo Views
- 172 Followers
- 0 Following