Hey there new friend! I'm an artist fueled by sugary coffee and gorgeous light. I'm a photographer + graphic designer by day, and a painter + photographer in my free time.
I've been playing with cameras since high school, but it wasn't until I began painting that really inspired me to take photography seriously. I purchased books with photos of flowers or landscapes to paint, but that was getting really expensive. Someone suggested I take my own photos to use as inspiration/reference when I paint. BRILLIANT! My love affair with photography was born! It's been 15+ years, and I haven't looked back!
Deep breath... here goes...20 random facts about me...
1. I LOVE listening to pledge drives. My favorite pledge drive to listen to is NPR.
2. I have a HUGE crush on Ira Glass. (It's totally the glasses.)
3. I didn't learn to drive until I was 25. I lived in Chicago and could walk or take public transit anywhere I wanted to go. Or I got rides from my friends who drove.
4. When I was little, I dreamed of being a singer, ballerina, vet, archaeologist, artist, and interior decorator. Thankfully, being an artist panned out...
5. This is super controversial: I don't like "The Princess Bride." There. I said it. I hope we can still be friends.
6. Another controversial one, and I can't believe I'm openly admitting to this in public, but... I like Domino's pizza. It's that garlic seasoning on their crust! There must be crack in it. (This isn't a deal breaker, is it?)
7. Commercials make me cry. (Really, everything makes me cry.)
8. Singer/songwriter is my favorite type of music. The sadder and more soulful, the better.
9. I'm addicted to coffee. No, really.
10. I auditioned for a play once. I made it to callbacks, but I didn't go back.
11. Chatting with friends over coffee is my favorite social activity.
12. My first plane trip was to Ireland. I was a senior in college.
13. I'm in LOVE with the Pacific Northwest and dream of living there.
14. I despise mushrooms. They are my arch-nemesis.
15. My spirit animal is a sloth.
16. I have a purple belt in Karate.
17. I've never been camping (hello! City girl here!) The thought of bugs and peeing outside absolutely terrifies me.
18. I'm a sucker for anyone asking for help. "Can you help me" is my kryptonite. I can't resist.
19. My biggest pet peeve is people who are late and don't call and let me know they are running late. Once I know you're running late, I'm not upset anymore.
20. I'm terrible at directions. You tell me to go right, and I turn left. You tell me to go left, and I turn right. I blame that on being left-handed...
If you're in the Chicagoland area, you can book a portrait session with me! Check out www.adifferentlightphoto.com to find out how!
You can purchase Fine Art Photography prints, pillows, super cool totes, note cards and original oil paintings in my Art Shop: http://aprilbern.com/artshop/
You can find more of my photos on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rottnapples/
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/aprilbernphoto
Oh, and I'm in Instagram, too! http://instagram.com/aprilbern
1,710 Photo Views
chicago, illinois, united states