Emma Davies Photography

I'm a 20 year old photographer based in Mid Wales.

I work through the medium of digital and film, and also moving image. I like to work in film for the purity within the images, you can't view your images before hand which makes the anticipation of seeing the images worth while. It is also one of the aspects of photography that has helped me to want to learn more about the camera so I can gain the best possible outcomes.
I shoot digitally most of the time as within the sports photography it is more efficient, for cost and time. Most of the time I will shoot manually, so that I am then getting the images I want and not just letting the camera do most of the work.

For the past 6 years I have been 95% self taught learning my camera through feel and experimentation, and then the other 5% in college, where I mainly gained the skills for presentation, advertisement and how to communicate with the public in the most effective way. It help me to learn more about myself and not in a sense to help me create a style but to help me be unique and shoot in my own way and not any one else's :)

Through 2010 and 2011 I did a lot of motorsport and equine photography as I compete in both spheres therefore it allowed me the field to work in, it helped me to establish a base enough for people to know I existed and the work I produce.
In the middle of 2011 I had the opportunity to photography alongside Special Stage while they were filming on an event in Epynt, my photo even made it onto the DVD cover :)

2012 was my breakthrough. I had the great opportunity to work for the British Rally Championship as part of the media/interviewing team. It took me all across the country from down south to up the top in Scotland. I learnt alot about working with and around other media crews, and how to adapt myself quickly to a situation. It also built up my confidence with people in that working area.
Towards the end of 2012 I had my first official commissions from a Wedding, to a private portrait shoot.
I even had the privilege of being the photographer for Rhoslefain Equestrian Yard, and being able to kindly sponsor their events.

I can't wait to see what 2013 brings :)

I do personal work for improving my skills and techniques, but also commissions, it's not about the money I earn but the images I can give to people.

Please don't be afraid to get in touch :)

  • 74 Affection
  • 4,876 Photo Views
  • 11 Followers
  • 13 Following
  • Tywyn, Gwynedd, United Kingdom