Gabriel M. A.
Gabriel's work is replete with various themes, projects, philosophies and styles; although he feels this in itself is liberating, he's conscious that the most readily accessible artists have easily digestible styles. Periods. Techniques. Some would call this focused. When we hail an artist as being "multi-faceted", the irony does not escape him. Of course, there is nothing wrong with bringing forth a focused slice of your world to the rest of the universe.
Yet within the seeming diversity in his general portfolio, there is one thing that cannot be escaped: people. Either their very obvious presence, or evidence of their existence: portraits, street shots, architecture, objects (forgotten or arranged), they're all manifestations of a human being.
Gabriel Mtz. Aguirre was born in San Luis Potosí, Mexico, long-time resident of Minneapolis, Minnesota, and currently living in Paris, France. He earned a Bachelor of Computer Science degree with a Minor in Spanish Literature from the University of Minnesota's Institute of Technology, and has worked in the I.T. sector for over 15 years.
He is self-taught in classical piano, composition and photography. In Mexico he earned a few poetry prizes from the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey. He has participated in various theater plays, and has held a few photo exhibits.
- 2003 Café Espresso Royale, Minneapolis, MN.
- 2004 Community Art Space, Minneapolis, MN.
- 2005 Family of Man 2 Project (book pub. 2008): Contributor.
- 2005 Alliance Française, Minneapolis, MN
- 2006 Book "Rangefinder Photography: A Gathering": Contributor.
- 2011 1650 Gallery "Exposed" Exhibit
- 2012 Px3 Prix de la Photographie Paris, Honorable Mention.
- 2013 1650 Gallery Exhibit.
- 2013 Px3 Prix de la Photographie Paris, Honorable Mentions (twice).
- 2013 Px3 Prix de la Photographie Paris, People's Choice Award, Portraiture.
- Px3 Prix de la Photographie participation catalogue: http://px3.fr/submit/member/mainpage.php?id=3238046
29,618 Photo Views