#1 Garage Door Repair Company Chandler AZ
Safety is a large concern for almost any endeavor. This includes at home. You want to add things to your home that improve safety. Many people don’t realize that garage door openers can actually improve safety around your home. As one of the premier garage door opener companies in Chandler, Arizona, we want to provide a primer about garage door opener safety concerns.
Garage Doors Alone Can Fall
You have probably heard the horror stories of garage doors falling on kids. Unfortunately, this happens more than it should. This is caused by garage doors being partially opened without a garage door opener. Without an opener, there is little to hold the door open. A child goes under the door at the unlucky moment that it decides to fall.
Garage Doors Alone Can Be Heavy
Depending on the size of the garage door, they can be quite heavy. If you use improper lifting techniques then you can put strain on your back. Let’s face it, the majority of people don’t use proper lifting. As we age, then lifting those garage doors also becomes harder.
Garage Doors Can Be a Criminals Dream
Without a garage door opener, garage doors have some give in them. They usually are only being held down by two small metal bars on each side. The handle opens and closes these. The only security that you have is one small lock. These doors can also be easily taken off their track. These provide criminals with a relatively easy way in.
Garage Door Openers Fix All These Safety Issues
Garage door openers offer features that address each of these safety concerns.
- A floor sensor prevents the garage door from shutting on anyone or anything. If the door is lowering and a child runs under it then the sensor reads that and automatically raises the door
- There is no need to physically open and close the garage door. This saves your back and is especially helpful for anyone with back issues, the elderly, etc.
- There has to be a catastrophic and unlikely failure of the garage door opener for the door to fall by itself. This keeps anyone from getting injured by a falling door.
- Garage door openers and wireless keypads add a great level of security. It is more difficult for an intruder to defeat these measures than a garage door alone.
- Many models have attached lights. The light comes on when you open the garage door. This adds another level of safety. It keeps you from tripping over things when coming home. It also keeps you from having to walk through a dark garage. Light is the natural enemy to criminals.
Many people see garage door openers as a simple item for convenience. But, they are much more than just that. Garage door openers increase the safety around your home. They keep someone from getting injured by a falling or closing door.
They keep you from getting physically injured from manually opening a door. If you are looking to increase the safety in your home then come see our staff. We are the premier garage door opener companies in Chandler, Arizona.
- 0 Affection
- 0 Photo Views
- 0 Followers
- 2 Following
- Chandler, Arizona, United States