1. Just because someone has an expensive camera doesn’t mean thatthey’re a good photographer.
2. Always shoot in RAW. Always.
3. Prime lenses help you learn to be a better photographer.
4. Photo editing is an art in itself.
5. The rule of thirds works 99% of the time.
6. Macro photography isn’t for everybody.
7. UV filters work just as well as lens caps.
8. Go outside and shoot photos rather than spending hours a day on photography forums.
9. Capture the beauty in the mundane and you have a winning photograph.
10. Film isn’t better than digital.
11. Digital isn’t better than film.
12. There is no “magic” camera or lens.
13. Better lenses don’t give you better photos.
14. Spend less time looking at other people’s work and more time shooting you own.
15. Don’t take your DSLR to parties.
16. Girls dig photographers.
17. Making your photos black and white doesn’t automatically make them “artsy”
18. People will always discredit your work if you tell them y ...
Read More →