Jonathan Rashad is a photojournalist and documentary photographer producing visual stories in Egypt since 2008, mainly focusing on humanitarian, aftermath and breaking news stories.
He also covered stories in other countries, including the documentation of the multi-sectorial nutrition program in Ethiopia which tends to reduce stunting and improve the nutritional status of women, adolescents and children under five, the post-war life of Syrian refugees in capitals like Istanbul and Cairo, protests in The Netherlands in objection to the 2014 Israel-Gaza war, a Nile River expedition from the Ethiopia’s Lake Tana to where it empties into the Mediterranean Sea in Egypt, and the crossing of refugees from Hungary to the Austrian border.
His clients include:
The New York Times
The Wall Street Journal
AWARDS, HONORS, EXHIBITS, WORKSHOPS & LECTURES:
- In March 2011, he won the IFES photography contest.
- In January 2012, he was nominated for the fourth cycle of Prix Pictet and featured in "Power" the book.
- In September 2012, his work was featured in ‘Cairo. Open City.' exhibition in Braunschweig, Germany.
- In October 2012, he took part in the ‘Cairo. Open City.' exhibition, which was part of the 5th European Month of Photography in Berlin.
- In March 2013, he took part in 'Cairo. Open City.' exhibition at Museum Folkwang Essen, Germany.
- In April 2013, he was trained by World Press Photo, as a participant of 'Reporting Change workshop, Storytelling.'
- In April 2013, his work was exhibited in POMED’s 5th Annual Awards in Washington, DC.
- In August 2013, his work was featured in 'Cairo. Open City.' exhibition in Hamburg, Germany at Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe.
- In November 2013, he took part of a TYR Solutions hostile environment training in Cairo, Egypt.
- In January 2014, he took part in 'Arab Contemporary' exhibition in Humlebæk, Denmark at Louisiana Museum of Modern Art.
- In February 2014, he took part of the RISC Wilderness First Aid training in New York.
- In March, 2014, he was nominated for World Press Photo's Joop Swart Masterclass.
- In September 2014, his work was featured in Instagram's 'Everyday Projects' exhibition in New York at Photoville.
- In January 2015, his work was exhibited at the University of Washington in Bothell, Washington.
- In June 2015, he was assigned by UNICEF to cover Ethiopia's multi-sectoral nutrition program.
-In November 2015, he took part of a Hawthorne Proactive hostile environment training in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- 80 Affection
- 5,805 Photo Views
- 9 Followers
- 0 Following
- Cairo, Egypt