My name is José Ramos and I’m a 32 years old landscape photographer from Portugal. I’ve developed an increasing interest in photography over the last years, and this passion grew so strong that this was the art I have chosen to express myself, as well as to pay homage to the beauty and power of the planet we inhabit
I’m currently dividing my professional time between working as a doctor (in the psychiatry field) and photographing, which implies great dedication to be able to develop my skills in both areas. So far this has been possible at the expense of sleeping hours, which could only be bearable through intense passion about both subjects.
In my photos, the act of raising awareness about Nature and the need to protect the environment is simultaneously linked, through embedded concepts for each image, with existential reflections about the self and man’s place in the world.
“When the aesthetic power of nature meets a man’s vision of the world, creation takes place and images become the crystalized hybrid product of this encounter. Travelling and endlessly searching for the light, the silence and the lessons of the landscape, here I present you my vision of the world as seen through my eyes and soul, hoping I can at least take you there just for a moment, to the moment which lies so intense in my memory…”
# Running Custom Photographic Workshops and Photo Tours in Portugal’s landscapes since 2012, with national and foreign clients.
#Photo Awards – decided to start participating in selected contests since the end of 2014, having won:
– Trierenberg Super Circuit 2015: TIPA (Technical Image Press Association) Trophy Award: Third Prize (2000 eur)
– Trierenberg Super Circuit 2015: 16 images selected for exhibition at the four Salons of the Super Circuit
– Contrast 2015 Photo Club Infinity Contest – Honourable Mention by the Photographic Society of America – Nature category
– Fstoppers Volume 5 2015 contest – Grand Jury Winner
– “Slow Landscapes Competition” – Photography Week Magazine – First place
#Published in several magazines, including Digital SLR Photography Magazine, Cameracraft Photography Magazine (one cover, two editions, including full portfolio); f2 Freelance Photographer Magazine (cover feature and portfolio); Photography Week (eight issues, including three covers, one contest win, six individual images), Camerapixo Magazine (three issues), “Destinations” magazine (Milan Presse).
# Guest photographic mentorship during March 2015 and scheduled for July 2015 at the photo critique website Photoforte – http://www.photoforte.com
#Interviewed by Viewbug, IcelandMag, PhotographyArt, Serfreelancer, LatinosBehindTheLens, InterestingPhotographers, VerEFicar, Whispers Magazine.
# Featured in many other websites.
# Moderator at Viewbug, the biggest online photography competitions website – http://www.viewbug.com
# Selling prints in medium and large print formats, as well as canvas printing. Shipping to all the world
# Seven collective and individual exhibitions in Portugal
# Comissioned shooting and post-processing with music artists, integrating them with natural landscape environments.
# Social Media/Galleries:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/joseramosphotography
- Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Jos%C3%A9RamosPhotography/posts
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/joseramosphotography
- Olhares (portuguese gallery): http://www.olhares.pt/jmlramos
- Email – jmlramos (at) gmail.com
Using Sony cameras, and currently sponsored by:
- Formatt Hitech Filters – Featured Artist: using diverse soft, hard and reverse ND grad filters, as well as ProStop IRND ND filters
- Manfrotto tripods and bags – currently shooting with a Manfrotto MT055XPRO3 tripod+ MH055M0-Q6 ballhead.
- Naneu Bags – Featured Artist
- Terrascape filter bags