I am a BC girl born and bred. Grew up in the mountains so as a kid I was always outside swimming, horseback riding, tobogganing, fishing and the like. I eventually ended up in the city, like most do from rural towns, but my heart remains in the woods, lakes, fields and streams of my childhood.
Now live in North Vancouver with my sweetheart and our two furry four legged kids (dogs).
And then along came photography!
I developed (no pun) a love for photography while traveling around the globe with my husband capturing scenes with my camera. During these trips, it didn’t take much to fall in love with the painting of the Impressionists and the photographs of the black & white master photographers displayed in the museums and art galleries I visited.
I draw inspiration from the beauty of nature and these master photographers and painters throughout history as I attempt to marry these influences into the art of making a photograph.
I have a Fine Art Accreditation and Nature Accreditation with the Professional Photographers of Canada Association (PPOC).
This year, I was awarded “Best in Class” in the Fine Art Category at the 2012 National Print Salon Competition held during the PPOC Canadian Imaging Conference & Trade Show in Halifax in April! YAY!
My award-winning photograph “Red Maple” is now part of the PPOC National Loan Collection for 2012. Double YAY!
I have exhibited my photography in these public galleries:
1. City Scape Gallery, North Vancouver, BC: Art Rental Program Exhibition July – September 2012;
2. Sidney and Gertrude Zack Gallery at the Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver: “Celebrating Jerusalem” – May-June 2012
3. Spring Gift Gallery, Seymour Art Gallery, Deep Cove, BC: April 2012;
4. Winter Gift Gallery, Seymour Art Gallery, Deep Cove, BC: November- January 2012;
5. City Scape Gallery, North Vancouver, BC: Art Rental Program Exhibition September 2011;
6. Casual Gourmet Bistro, North Vancouver: February – April, 2011;
7. North Vancouver District Foyer Gallery: October – November 2010 “Impressions of Nature”;
8. Seymour Art Gallery, North Vancouver, BC: June 2009 “Wild Life”;
9. North Vancouver Arts Council, North Vancouver, BC: May 2008 “Art in the Garden”;
10. Richmond Art Council , Artisan’s Galleria, Steveston, BC: September 2008 “Indian Summer Art Show”.
I have had my first magazine article published by this USA publication:
• Nature Photographer Magazine: Fall & Winter 2010 Edition, “Impressions of Nature”.
383 Photo Views
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada