“A picture is a poem without words” (Horatius)
I was born in October 1974 in Budapest, Hungary and have been living in Nashville, Tennessee since 2004.
From an early age I recognized my artistic calling and began experimenting with different forms of art, mostly drawing, painting, and writing. However, I struggled to find the full richness of my creative voice. Then in late 2010 I received as a gift my first camera, a small point and shoot. As I began taking photographs I suddenly found that, unlike any other artistic form, I was able to articulate all that I saw and felt in life.
It is through the medium of photography that my artistic expression has begun to receive positive reviews and encouragement. This support has come from established professional photographers as well as gallery owners who have long standing experience with photography.
Photography has become my deepest and truest passion. I never go anywhere without my camera. I am inspired by impulses and emotions and I want to be able to capture them when they happen. I am most interested in the details and subtleties of the ordinary and the unusual charm of the customary.
Awards & Juries:
• July 2011: second place in a themed online photography titled “Perspective” by Convozine.com
• September 2011: third place in The National Arts Program exhibition at Vanderbilt University.
• February 2012: juried online art show titled “True Colors” at Digital Arts California
• February 2012: I was selected to participate in a portfolio review and juried art show at The Arts Company with the members of the South Light Salon based in Nashville, Tennessee.
• October 2012: My work has been selected by the jury for the annual fundraiser exhibit and auction at the Photographic Resource Center of Boston University in Boston, MA
• October - December 2012: Themed national juried group exhibition at the Marnie Sheridan Gallery of Harpeth Hall School in Nashville, TN "Saints, Goddesses and Bodhisattvas"
• January - March 2013: National juried art show at the MPLS Photography Center in Minneapolis, MN
• January 2013: Special Recognition Award at a national juried art show "ALL WOMEN" at Light, Space & Time Online Art Gallery
• March 2013: Juried online photography exhibit themed "Abstraction" at the Kiernan Gallery in Lexington, VA
• March 2013: Juried art show themed "In Camera" at the Artwell Gallery in Torrington, CT
Eternally grateful for Robert's support and patience.
32,876 Photo Views
Nashville, Tennessee, United States