During the "Cossack" revolution in 1648, in connection with the forcible imposition of the Monastery of the union was the target of a common hatred of local residents and was destroyed in combat troops Khmelnytsky with the Polish garrison led Tiskevicius. The image of the Mother of God was taken by fugitive Carmelite Lviv, there icon stayed in Carmelite nuns 73 years, until 1721.
Decree of the Tribunal of Lublin in 1717 and the land was returned to the temple monks, in the same year the reconstruction of the monastery and returned the icon of the Mother of God. After the suppression of "landlords riots" of 1831 and 1863. Russian government begins to repression of the Monastery. In 1832, the Carmelite school closed in 1844 banned printing in 1864 prohibited publication Berdichevsky calendars in Zhitomir for their political content, and in 1866 he abolished and the Monastery.
June 16, 1918 the Carmelites were able to recover ownership of the monastery and returned again in 1926, after the death of his father Boleslaw Shtobrina Theresa-the last of the Carmelite church was taken into public ownership. In the upper church of the museum was created, and the bottom - the cinema. In 1941, a fire broke out which was probably destroyed by the miraculous icon. From 1970 to 1980. authorities, with the participation of Berdichev restorers from Kiev spend restoration of the temple in 1991, the monastery was transferred to the Catholic community.
In 1997, a copy of the icon was consecrated and crowned by Pope John Paul II.