Found this little Cottonmouth snake while driving throug the Everglades National Park. It was just a baby, but anyways, the poison is just as deadly as mommy`s!
Fortunately the Snake was very relaxed and shows no aggressions at all, so I was able to lay down right in front of it and take pictures right on eye level.
To an human, the toxic of the Cottonmouth mostly isn`t deadly. What it does is destroying the tissue around the bite and slow down the clotting of blood. So what easily could happen is loosing extremities and feeling horrible pain.