St. Peters Mortuary is situated on the outskirts of the main hospital complex. The hospital itself is still well maintained along with its new and improved mortuary. Now the old mortuary has been left to fend for itself, hidden away in the woodland it stands alone, its life coming to an end as it slowly embraces nature.
St. Peters Hospital was initially built to house the casualties of the Second World War. The mortuary was built in the 1940’s, but after much redevelopment it was decided that the site was too small to cope with the increase of bodies. So, in April 2009 the mortuary closed and moved to the new building which is now central to the main hospital.
Like ✔ Comment ✔ Share ✔ Follow ✔