Prešeren Square (Slovene: Prešernov trg) is the central square in Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia. It is a major meeting point in Ljubljana, where concerts, sport events, political events and other types of events take place. It is a funnel-shaped hub of streets that run from it into different directions.
One of the main shopping streets in Ljubljana, Čop Street (Čopova ulica), leads northwest towards the Nama department store. To the north, Miklošič Street (Miklošičeva cesta) runs past a number of notable Secessionist buildings, linking Prešeren Square with the National Liberation Square and the Ljubljana railway station. The Franciscan Church of the Annunciation stands between them.
On the east, the narrow and historically important Trubar Street (Trubarjeva ulica) with a number of shops and bars runs parallel to the Petkovšek Embankment (used as a parking lot) and the Ljubljanica towards St. Peter's Church. The Neo-Renaissance Central Pharmacy building, designed by Ferdinand Hauser in 1896–97, is located between the Petkovšek Embankment and Trubar Street. It houses the Ljubljana Central Pharmacy and until World War II also a cafe. The Secessionist Urbanc House, which was built in 1903 by the plans of Friedricht Sigismundt, is located between Trubar Street and Miklošič Street. From 1903, it housed the first department store in the city, replaced in 1948 by Centromerkur, the first modern Ljubljana department store. Since 2010, it houses the luxurious department store Emporium Gallery.
On the south, the Ljubljanica River passes by and is traversed by the city's best-known bridge, the Triple Bridge (Tromostovje), designed in 1929 by Jože Plečnik. An ice-cream parlour and a coffee house are located near it. Over it, Stritar Street (Stritarjeva ulica) leads through a symbolic town gate formed by Kresija and Philip Mansion towards the city's town hall.
On the southwest, the Hribar Embankment leads upstream the Ljubljanica past Mansion Square (Dvorni trg) towards the Zois Mansion and St. James's Bridge. The parallel Wolf Street (Wolfova ulica) leads towards Congress Square (Kongresni trg). The Mayer department store at the southern end of the square was built in 1937–38 upon the plans by Stanislav Rohrman. It houses an office of Bank Austria. An outdoor cafe, operating from spring to autumn, stands in front of it. Between Wolf Street and Čop Street stands the Hauptmann House, built in 1873 and renovated in 1904 in the Secessionist style by the architect Ciril Metod Koch.