The abandoned Powerhouse building left from the Central State Hospital in Indianapolis. Opened in 1848 it was originally named the Central Indiana Hospital for the Insane. Most all of the property has been torn down for a couple of years now. In it's place, they have built some very nice apartments. There are several buildings that have been left untouched. This is the main room of the old Powerhouse which was built in 1886. the facility officially closed in 1994 due to under-funding and claims of patient abuse.