Literally translated from the Celtic langauge, Bangour means "Hill of the Wild Goats". Although there are no wild goats there today, Bangour Village Hospital still stands proud over 100 years since it's construction. Located outside of Dechmont, West Lothian it's 960 acre site was home to thousands of patients over the years. In 1902 the Edinburgh Lunancy Board purchased the 960 acre Bangour site, and by 1906 Bangour Village was offically opened by the Right Honourable Earl of Roseberry. Many additions and modifications were made to Bangour Hospital over the years but most interesting was the "Wee Bangour Express" constructed in 1905. Although only serving till after the first world war, Bangour's own railway did a fine job carrying construction goods and laterly transporting wounded soldiers from the war.
Lately this deserted hospital was used as the location for the movie "The Jacket".