Homeless -
I really like this photo. Despite the fact that I ruined the hell out if it.

So here’s the story.

I was trying to develop C-41 film using black and white chemicals and it worked! That’s one of the “successful” photos.

The film used was generic “life” brand iso 200 film, which I’m sure is actually Kodak Gold or Fuji Superia.

The process I used was

Pre-soak - 4 washes in warm water (each with 10 turns) Developer - HC-110 6 mins (dilution B) Stop - Ilfostop 20 seconds Fixer - Ilford Rapid Fixer 4:30 mins Wash with water (4 washes, 5 turns, 10, turns, 20 turns, 40 turns) Bleach - Dipped until the film went lighter (sorry I don’t have numbers) I did however dilute the bleach to 1 part bleach 4 parts water.

On more than 1 occasion I dropped the film in there and it sat longer than I’d like and the film was utterly messed up beyond help. So don’t do that, drop your film.

I’m going to keep experimenting because this current method ends up leaving the film slightly foggy and I’m not sure why.

Anyways the photo was done on my Chrome’d Leica M3, with a Canon 50mm F1.8 LTM lens.

Discover more inspiring photos like this one.

Download the FREE 500px app Open in app