Church of St. Panteleimon was founded in 1194. Temple founder was the Galicia-Volyn Bishop Roman Mstislavich and he named it after his grandfather, Prince of Kiev Izyaslav, whom Christian name was Pantalaimon. Temple was built on a high bank of the Dniester river in the end of XII century. This is a single surviving monument of Galician architecture school, which characterized by the association of Romanesque and Byzantine styles. The temple was built of white stone, unadorned. Only the main entrance stands out for its decorate. The fort is ancient graffiti, in particular, the famous budded cross, which became the emblem and the emblem of the contemporary town.