Today I am proud to announce the new release 2.00 of the GlimpseCatcher software. It further increases the possibilities of the GlimpseCatcher and makes it even more versatile for all types of high-speed photography. From today on, all new GlimpseCatchers will directly be delivered with the new software release. Existing GlimpseCatchers may be updated. Please remember that I do this in my spare time, therefore update requests will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis and may take a little while. For any information, please contact me at GlimpseCatcher@gmx.net.
Above is a screenshot of the new GUI, currently available in English, German and French. Follwing is an overview of the main new features:
- Besides the existing trigger events START BUTTON, TRIGGER 1 and TRIGGER 2, additional logical, time-, direction- and speed-dependent combinations of the 2 external triggers have been added (please see selection box in upper right corner in screenshot above). As so far, the trigger events may be individually selected per channel.
- Besides by the start button on the GlimpseCatcher, the process may now also be started by a button from within the GUI. Shift-click on this GUI-button starts the flush function. (Note: On request of some persons, the flush function via the start button on the GlimpseCatcher device is now activated after 2 seconds already, not after 5 seconds as so far).
- Selective flush function: Devices, which shall be flushed (=permanently activated) may now be individually selected.
- Speed measurement: In case a speed-dependent combination is used as trigger event, the measured speed will be displayed in the lower left corner of the GUI (please see screenshot above).
- Cursor up/down and page up/down keys may be used to easily increase or decrease time values. In combination with CTRL and SHIFT keys, different step magnitudes are possible.
- All configurations may be fully saved and restored in GlimpseCatcher data files (gcd-files). Existing gcd-files from the previous version are compatible, resp. may also be converted by loading and re-saving.
- A lot of internal optimisations.
Thanks for reading so far. And finally … watch out for more news in the weeks ahead ;-)