The Dresden Frauenkirche ( Church of Our Lady) is a Lutheran church in Dresden, the capital of the German state of Saxony. The church was Roman Catholic until it became Protestant during the Reformation. It is considered an outstanding example of Protestant sacred architecture, featuring one of the largest domes in Europe.
During the Second World War, the church was completely destroyed during the bombing of Dresden by Allied forces 13 February 1945.
Restoration of the Cathedral at the historic drawings began only after the unification of Germany.