Looking at the same image at different monitors seemed to affect my editing decisions as well. The image appears to be a touch darker from my uncalibrated monitor from my office though it looks fine on an iPhone/iPad and my monitor at home. A good edit for me is an image that would still hold its ground despite using bad monitors. This one for me I think missed the mark.
For technical purposes, below is the outline of the things I did for this image.
- Removed CA and fixed distortion in LR
- Blended 2 exposures (fast shutter for the leaves, slow shutter for the water)
- Added Blur (35px) layer and set to Softlight for the glow
- Cloned stamped a bunch of branches in the immediate foreground
- Color adjustments via Selective Color
- Luminosity masks to add contrast