This massive stone structure is an excellent example of early 20th-century architecture in Ottawa. It was built by architect David Ewart who is responsible for many similar structures around the city. The architectural style is sometimes described as Scottish baronial.
A major renovation of all parts of the building began in 2004 and was completed in 2010, including a lighter-weight glass "lantern" taking the place of the tower removed in 1915 due to safety concerns.
Canadian Museum of Nature
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada