I have always been interested in photography having owned Minolta film SLRs. In July 2009 I invested in my first digital SLR, a Nikon D90 with the 16-85 lens. I also use the Nikon 70-300 telephoto and the Nikon 35mm f1.8 prime.
June 2014. I now use a Canon 6D with the Canon 17-40L, 50mm f1.8 and 85 f1.8 primes.
August 2015. Also have a 100mm L series macro and the 70-300L series telephoto.
My interest is landscapes,buildings and wildlife.
I am self taught, learning and developing my photography skills by taking photos when I am out walking and from reading (lots of) magazine articles.
When I am out walking or on holiday, I always have my camera with me and take photos of whatever takes my fancy en route, like starting out with a blank canvas rather than preplan every detail.
My favourite walking areas in the UK are the Chilterns, Berkshire Downs and the Marlborough Downs.
When it comes to holidays I LOVE the Italian Lakes, the Greek Islands, and Slovenia so photogenic and lovely weather in July!
Here are some things about me:-
1. I always take my camera with me when I go walking.
2. I am a member of the National Trust.
3. I like Italian food and wine (and chocolate too!)
4. I live on my own
5. I like most types of music except Urban/hip hop/R & B (or whatever it is called). My favourite bands are The Beatles, Heart, Led Zeppelin and Coldplay. The most recent albums I downloaded are Diana Vickers, Ellie Goulding, and 'Red Velvet Car' the latest album by Heart (still as brilliant as ever).
6. I have a huge collection of maps, home and abroad
7. I am a subscriber to 'Outdoor Photography'
8. I have two nephews, Finlay born July 2009 and Arthur born October 2011
- 107,643 Affection
- 1,104,274 Photo Views
- 659 Followers
- 945 Following
- Chesham, UK