Exposure to journalism gained Yannis extensive experience in commercial art. His talent quickly led him to a successful career in advertising as an award-winning art director. Yannis' interest in photography as an art medium, however, led to considerable exposure in the past five years.
Yannis believes that an outstanding image is the product of creative thinking. And It is the photographer’s unique perspective and some learned creativity principles that separate a great photograph from the mediocre images we see every day. He has been recognized three years in a row with Photographer of the Year awards in Ottawa, and has had several exhibitions of his work. He has had photographs and articles on the subject of creativity published internationally in magazines like Photo Life, Canadian Camera, Photo Art, and PhotoDigital. Yannis is a regular presenter of creativity workshops and seminars. Raised in Athens, Greece, he has a BA degree from Athens and a HBsc (Biochemistry) from Canada's Laurentian University. Father of Dominique, Manuello and Dante, Yannis lives and works as a creative marketing consultant in Ottawa, Canada.
• National Press Club • Embassy of Greece • Clocktower Gallery • Suite 34 • Ottawa City Gallery • Centrepoint Gallery • Constitution Square Gallery • Red Wall Gallery • Armada Gallery • Moth Art Gallery • Exposure Gallery
Yannis has published several photo books online as well as conventional paper format inluding • Little Portraits • Better than 9 to 5 and • 5 Days in Havana
• Canadian Camera Magazine • Photo Art magazine • Photo Digital • Photolife • Art Direction Magazine
Check out some interesting images featured in other sites including Yannis’ official web site www.yannisfoto.com, www.persistencenceofmemory.me and www.ysworkshops.com
• More than 200 international, national and local awards in advertising and design including most of the Canadian major advertising awards: ADA, Marketing, Bessies, Billies, Extras, Studios, Applied Arts and Art Direction.
• Top 50 art directors list, Strategy Magazine
• More than 65 photography awards in five years of shooting, including Ottawa Photography of the Year Award (three years in a row) and CAPA interclub competition overall winner.
• Industry Canada Minister’s Entrepreneurial Award
• Voted one of 40 under 40 by Ottawa Business Journal
688 Photo Views
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada